.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Soul Wisdom

Articles to brighten your day and make you smile. For more, check out www.lauriesmith.com. Copyright. (c) 2005, 2006 Laurie Smith.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Clear View


I can't remember the river ever being this clear. In part, it's because the water level is low. We really need rain.

I think the clarity also has something to do with the floods we experienced last spring. The riverbed is still covered with the silt that settled after the waters receded. I think the swift currents of last spring may also have been responsible for uprooting the duck weed that, this time of year, has been known to crowd our view.

As I'm doing my own inner clearing, preparing for the meditation class I will begin teaching in two weeks on letting go and beginning again, I'm struck by another benefit of "clearing out"--gaining clarity. It's funny, but I've never viewed the benefit of clearing in quite that way.

In the clearing process, it is natural for things to get stirred up like the muck on the river floor. When that happens, it's nice to remember that eventually it all settles again. I know in my own life, usually after the turmoil has subsided, things become clearer than ever before.

Sometimes we've gained a clarity about where we are supposed to be, where our souls are calling us to go. Other times it is a clarity about how beautiful the moment is, or how fortunate we are. Sometimes, it is simply an open view, allowing us space to see what is next in a whole new light.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AOL buys Weblogs for $25 million to boost blog presence
America Online Inc. will inherit Engadget, Autoblog and other popular Web journals as part of a $25 million deal announced Thursday that expands AOL's presence in the blogging community and the company's ...
Hi there, I love this site. I was looking around today and like what I see. I have bookmarked it already. If you can, check out my prepaid mastercard site.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Google Kill News Media?
As Google positions itself to be a total online content provider, the question of what is next for the search engine giant might be at least partially forecast by journalists Matt Thompson and Robin Sloan.
Your blog is soo great.. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a egold payment site/blog. It pretty much covers egold payment related business.

Come and check it out if you get time :-) Im waiting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home