.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Soul Wisdom

Articles to brighten your day and make you smile. For more, check out www.lauriesmith.com. Copyright. (c) 2005, 2006 Laurie Smith.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Miracle in The Laundry

The other day, I had a great lesson in honoring my soul wisdom. The babysitter had just arrived, and I was rushing around, already late for my yoga class, a rare treat for this mom.

Suddenly a voice within seemed to say, “Just pop in another load of laundry.”

“What?” my mind shrilled. “Are you crazy? You’re already late! What are you thinking!” (My mind tends to be rather dramatic.)

Luckily, I honored the calm voice instead of the scolding “shoulds” of my mind.

As I completed loading the dryer (feeling unusually peacefully as I did, in fact), I was greeted at the back door by the babysitter. My son had fallen while outside and needed some first aid. I was glad I was there to help.

Had I not listened to my soul, I would have been out the door a few minutes before, missing this opportunity to offer comfort and care.

After I did what was needed, I suddenly looked at the clock and realized I had missed my yoga class.

“Go for a walk,” the same peaceful voice from before whispered softly.

It was a beautiful day, and going out in the sunshine felt just right.

As I was walking, I received new inspiration for a creative project I was working on. When I arrived home, I was happy for the childcare coverage so I could spend time on the computer, capturing my new ideas.

One thing led to the next, and before I knew it, my day had shifted from one that felt busy to one that felt divinely orchestrated, one miraculous moment after the next.

Whenever I think I know exactly what the “plan” is, I am continually reminded that there is another, more wonderful way. All we have to do to discover it is listen to the divine wisdom within.