.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Soul Wisdom

Articles to brighten your day and make you smile. For more, check out www.lauriesmith.com. Copyright. (c) 2005, 2006 Laurie Smith.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Clearing

I’ve been thinking a lot about clearing lately. Maybe that’s because I seem confounded by piles of paper that seem to appear whenever I turn my back for a moment. Maybe it’s because in the last three and a half years, we’ve moved three times, each time kicking up a storm of has-been clutter ready to be released.

Maybe it’s because for as much as I try to find time to clear, de-clutter and find homes for all the new stuff, something or some little ones always seem to get in the way (ah, the excuses of motherhood…).

Anyway you slice it, on days like this, I feel stuck. Perhaps it’s because I’m not really sure where I’m going. I seem to have plopped into a giant tumultuous river called inner faith and transformation that is taking me somewhere fast (or so it feels) and I often feel like I’m just along for the ride. Keeping your head above water, at least long enough to take the all-necessary occasional breath, seems to be the name of the game.

I often think that the best way to clear one’s path when obstacles seem to be getting in the way is to pause, take a breather, recollect one’s energy and vision, and take stock of what is most important. Perhaps when I am clear where my soul is calling me to go, and find the courage to answer with a resounding “YES!”—I will become filled with a knowing of which piles to clear first in order to get there.

Step by step, inch by inch, moment by moment and we’re off and away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home