.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Soul Wisdom

Articles to brighten your day and make you smile. For more, check out www.lauriesmith.com. Copyright. (c) 2005, 2006 Laurie Smith.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Full Moon

It’s a beautiful night. One of the greatest. It’s a full moon night.

One of the things I love most about where we live is the incredible view of the moon we have. I love the fact that, almost any day of the month, I know the phase of the moon.

Even more incredible than the view of the full moon are the extreme tides that come as a result of it being here. During low tide, when I am rowing with the crew team, the water has almost disappeared. When rowing in the sea-fed creek, my oar almost always comes up, at some point or another, covered in mud. During high tide, when I am sitting at home, water is lapping under the building where I sleep. As the bay ebbs and flows, I find a quiet place of equilibrium within my soul.

Miniature miracles are all around me, beautiful sights waiting to be enjoyed. The sky is clear. The moon is full. The water shimmers as the light reflects off of it, like a giant nightlight guiding our way and reminding us that the world is a much more peaceful, safer, beautiful place than we are often told.

Sweet dreams, everyone. God bless the moon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home