.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Soul Wisdom

Articles to brighten your day and make you smile. For more, check out www.lauriesmith.com. Copyright. (c) 2005, 2006 Laurie Smith.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sitting in the Sun

One of my all-time favorite things to do in the whole world is to sit in the sun. Some of my happiest moments have been spent in this way.

On a first date with my husband, on an unseasonably warm January day, we laid back against the riverbank, my head on his chest, our faces turned upward, soaking up the winter rays. I can still remember way the soil smelled that day, like spring just around the corner.

When I had my public relations business, I would sneak away from my home office out onto the balcony. Tilting my porch chair back on two legs, I’d lift my face upward. I can still remember the way the sun felt as it prickled my skin.

Today, laying on a quilt with my husband in our yard, the glare was so bright, we had to close our eyes. Leaning back, feeling the moist grass between our fingertips, listening to the breathing of our son in the baby monitor, we both took deep breaths and were transported far away.

Just a few moments with Mother Nature are all I need to experience true bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home